Faith and MS

Hello wonderful readers,

Happy Monday!

Thank you all so much for reading last week's post on Marriage and MS. The amount of people who read and shared last week's post was unbelievable.

Thank you so much for your constant love and support here on our blog.

Continuing on with our theme for National MS Awareness for the month of March, I wanted to take this week to share about faith and multiple sclerosis.

I shared on December 1st, 2017 a very special blog post titled "365 Conversations with God". This was a very heart felt post and one I spent a great deal of time composing and I would like to mention it again here. Please feel free to go back into the archives and read this post again if you desire.

Faith has played a large part in my journey with multiple sclerosis. Prior to my diagnosis in 2017, I would say I was somewhat of a spiritual being. I attended church several times through the year, I prayed (not as much as I should have), and I praised God as my savor.

My faith blossomed even prior to my diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. When my numbness and tingling began on my right side in 2016, I could feel something was wrong within my body. When the numbness and tingling continued to expand on my right side, it just instilled the idea that something was off and I needed medical help. My body was going through so much, and I was so tired that I didn't really know what to do or expect moving forward.

My medical journey became very real for me when my husband and I went into the hospital the very first time. I had never been admitted into a hospital prior to this, so we were operating in uncharted waters. This is when I started to build my faith.

In this week's post I will refer to faith and God, but as I have previously noted in my post "365 Conversations with God", please feel free to fill in any higher powers name that resonates best with you. I am not sharing this to start a religious confrontation, I am sharing this because my faith and religious relationship with God has grow so vastly during my medial journey that I feel the need to share.

My faith has been tested many times through the past year and (almost) half. I will not deceive you and tell you I have been strong in my faith every day, because I have not. My faith and relationship with God is constantly growing and changing for the better.


During the beginning of our medical journey, I found it easy to be sad, angry, and downright negative. I think anyone going through a tough medical diagnosis, loss of a loved one, loss of a job, or loss of any kind can find it almost automatic to ask "why me", "why now", "what did I do to deserve this"?
I do not believe asking these questions is a bad thing or wrong. I believe if we get stuck on these questions and stuck in our search for answers, we will be let down time and time again.

These are unanswerable questions unfortunately. No one you talk to or meet is going to be able to tell you why this happened to you, or why this happened at this exact moment.
You did nothing wrong to deserve this.
Your family did nothing wrong to deserve this.
You loved ones did nothing wrong to deserve this.
No one did anything wrong or sinful to deserve this.

We look for answers in our human minds, on this human Earth to try and rationalize or understand why things are what they are and what we need to do to fix them.
I am going to share a statement that might be hard to read:

There is no "one size fits all" solution, there is no formula out there that can calculate an answer that will cease your suffering.

I am sorry for this. I feel your frustrations, the lump starting to form in your esophagus, the heat starting to swell in your cheeks, the tears and blurred vision that occurs in yours eyes.
I see you and I sympathize with your pain and suffering. 

I have not been in your exact shoes and I will not tell you "I know how you feel" because I don't.
I don't know the emotions and sensations arising in your being - you are the only person who can truly understand what you are going through.

Sure, we can share similar circumstances, medical conditions, symptoms, but I can never wholesomely and honestly feel what you feel.

I have felt the darkness. I have sat in the darkness. I have felt almost comforted by it, until I saw the light.

I began to feel and see the love my God has for me, for I am his child.

I have prayed day in and day out for healing. I have had groups of genuine souls praying for me, over me, with me, and I love and appreciate your prayers.

My faith has reminded me that this life will be hard. I will go through turmoil, storms, and health obstacles. No one has ever promised me an easy life, and I have never expected one.


What I do know is this life is temporary. This pain and suffering is temporary. This happy and healthy feeling is temporary. Everything is temporary.

This statement does not mean that we cannot embrace the negative or positive temporary situation occurring, but I know that change is inevitable. What is today might not be tomorrow, and that is okay.

God has reminded me day after day that he loves me and is with me in every breath, in every tear, in ever smile, and in every laugh. God is always with me always, and I am with God always. Not just in church, not just when I am doing good. He is with me always.

I would like to let you in on a very important secret, God is also with you always too. He has never left your side. Ever.

It's easy to forget this, it's easy to wish things were different, and it's easy to wish this particular temporary situation would end. We would love to control every situation, every outcome, every treatment method, every second of every day, but we cannot.
Control is not ours to have.

God has control, and it's God's timing that trumps our timing.

Believe our God heals. Know our God is good.
Have faith in the everlasting good that heaven holds for you, and me, and your neighbor.

See Gods glory in every second of every day. Not just on the good days, or when things are going well. Yes, that's when it's easy to see God's glory, but even on the darkest of days, or the worst of storms, see Gods glory working through you and furthering his kingdom.

God has a plan for you.
God has a plan for me.
God has a plan for us all.

God is love.

Lord,
Thank you for this day.
Thank you for bringing these words to my consciousness and providing me this platform to praise you and your glory.
I believe in your supernatural healing ability. I have read your word and believe it to be true. I know there are many ways to heal the living here on Earth, and I pray that if I am to receive healing that is is according to your timing. I pray that you guide me on the path you have laid for me, for you are in control, and I am not.
I feel you working through me, using me to show how praiseworthy you are today and every day.
I pray that you provide healing to those in need. I pray that some of these words have spoken to someone reading. I pray that you be with them in times of triumph and tragedy.

I pray that you put love in their hearts and soul for we are 
your children.

We say this in Jesus' name.
Amen.


Thank you all so much for reading this week's blog post. Make sure to enter your email in the right top corner of this blog post to stay connect and get these weekly posts sent to your personal email. 


Stay tuned for the final week next week in honor National Multiple Sclerosis Awareness month.
Subscribe, comment, share.
Together, we rise. One breath at a time.
Make a difference, light the way, share your story today.
Namasté

Comments

Popular Posts