What are you Thankful for?

Hello wonderful readers,

Happy Monday!
I hope you all had a beautiful Easter Sunday yesterday surrounded by loved ones and yummy food!

Thank you all so much for reading my posts over the past month to honor National Multiple Sclerosis Awareness for the month of March. I received an overwhelming positive response from my posts, so I will be sure to share more on my life journey with Multiple Sclerosis. Thank you all for making this an open and honest platform to share. I am so blessed to have you as readers.

For this week's post we are going to shift a little bit away from my health journey and discuss a daily practice Trevor and I have been doing for the past couple of weeks.

Trevor and I are creatures of habit. Our "normal" routine from week to week looks very similar and we have grown very comfortable with it. We do throw in some different activities to spice things up or keep one another on our toes as it is good to occasionally break our routine.

I am an individual who wasn't the largest fan of routines when we got married as I thought always knowing what comes next is boring and, to be honest, straight up lame. As Trevor and I have traveled through our marriage, I have notice I too have changed and started to crave routine. I am sure it has something to do with my health diagnosis and limiting my stress levels as much as possible, but I will admit, I have grown to love our schedule. When things come up or we want to see family or friends, we of course change our schedules which allows for some variety. Trevor and I are also big fans of surprising one another and going on dates. Our dates can be as simple as walking our dog, going to out to dinner, cooking a new recipe at home together, and so on. This is a something we are constantly practicing because we promised to never stop winning one another over.

My marriage to Trevor is a top priority and we have always had a team mentality as I have discussed a few weeks back in my post titled Marriage and MS.

Something Trevor and I have added to our daily routine is discussing what we are thankful for that day.

Right before we go to sleep, I ask Trevor, "what are you thankful for today?"
Trevor goes through a list of things that he is thankful for and reciprocates by asking me what I am thankful for.

This simple question has been a positive addition to our daily routine.
I would like to ask you to try and add this question with your loved ones, friends, or even living mates to your daily routine. This question does not have to be asked right before bed, it can be asked at dinner, during a commercial of a TV show, right after brushing your teeth or washing your face. It can be asked at any moment when you are around someone.

Trevor and I have chosen to ask this question right before bed because it allows us to go to sleep with positive thoughts in our minds. It allows us to unwind, step back, and appreciate what really matters in life.

It's very easy to get wrapped up in the day to day hustle and bustle and forget what we are thankful for, so please add this simple question to your routine as a practice of mindfulness and gratitude.

If you are not sure where to start, I would like to share my list of what I am thankful for today:


I am thankful for the ability to spend time with family and loved ones.
I am thankful for my husband attending family holidays with me.
I am thankful to be able to hold my five month old nephew and godson and be a witness to this God given gift.
I am thankful for yummy home cooked food.
I am thankful for access to clean water.

I am thankful for the sunshine. Even though it might not be warm yet here in Wisconsin, I am thankful for the exposure to vitamin D.
I am thankful for safe travels to and from Madison.
I am thankful for clean clothes on my back.
I am thankful for the ability to write and share this blog post with you.

I am thankful for you being a reader of this blog.
I am thankful for my health and continued Wealth.
I am thankful to be loved and be able to give love in return.

Please feel free to share on this blog one or a few things you are thankful for and let me know how adding this simple question to your daily routine goes.

I hope you all have a fabulous week.


Subscribe, comment, share.
Together, we rise. One breath at a time.
Make a difference, light the way, share your story today.


Namasté


Comments

Popular Posts