Earth Day Every Day

Hello wonderful readers,

Spring has sprung and I am beyond excited!!!
Someone might need to pinch me because I am too overjoyed about this weather change!! It's crazy the difference a week can make.
Us here in Wisconsin are putting away all of our winter clothing, boots, and snow shovels and trading them out for t-shirts, light jackets, and gardening tools!
The sun is shining, the grass is showing, and we are all breathing in the fresh air (finally).

I do adore our seasons here in Wisconsin, but I was quickly getting sick of the snow and ready to experience the beautiful outdoors. So to say I am pumped would be an understatement. I am currently writing this post on our front porch with a glass of lemonade listening to my favorite music.

Life. Is. Good.

I hope all of you readers had a beautiful Earth Day yesterday! I know some might think Earth Day is not truly a real holiday, but in my mind, Earth Day is not just a holiday that comes around in April, it is an everyday mindset.

Our planet is a glorious planet. It's magnificence cannot be put into words.
Earth is something we all are fortunate to call home and inhabit in our time as physical beings.

It is easy to forget how fortunate we are to live here and take our planet for granted.
Earth Day is a day we can step back and show some much needed love and appreciation to our Mother Earth. I hope you were able to spend some time outside basking in the sun, and breathing in that fresh, delightful oxygen.

My Earth Day was spent with my astonishing husband, Trevor, and our speckled little dog Riley. We spent the day cooking together, walking outside, and sitting on our front porch.
Talk about a day in paradise!

Trevor and I are fairly Earth conscious and when we took our little rescue Riley for a walk yesterday on Earth Day, we brought with us our compost friendly trash bag. When walking through our community for an hour, we picked up this full bag of trash (shown below), which is pretty disgusting. All of the snow is melting and the trash that was within it settles to the bottom and shows itself now that Spring is here.

It was pretty grotesque the amount of garbage we found on our walk. The most popular items we found were: cigarette buds, plastic straws, plastic cups, and plastic wrappers. The amount of cigarette buds on the ground was staggering. Trevor and I were bending down so often we found ourselves picking up handfuls in one little stretch and tiring ourselves from all of the squats we were doing. At one point in our walk, I saw a piece of plastic going down a water drain and bent down to pick it up and pulled out over a foot of plastic wrap. Blah.

Picking up garbage can be fun if you work with a team and are out enjoying the nice weather. Trevor and I might have started this garbage hunt on Earth Day, but this is something we will continue to do as we walk our dog around our community. We take different walking routes so this will be a new Tanck tradition.

Cleaning up our communities does not need to just take place on Earth Day, after all, every day is Earth day and we should act as such.

The next time you are out for a walk with your furry friend or loved one, take a bag with you and pick up any garbage you see along the way. Don't forget to take a pair of gloves to keep yourself safe while treasure hunting! When you finish your walk, take a photo and feel free to tag me! I would love to create a new "fad" where trash collecting and caring for our planet becomes a trend.

Have a beautiful week readers!

If you enjoy these weekly Ms.MinimalistYogini blog posts, be sure to enter your email by clicking the "subscribe" button at the top of the page. I would like to have you as a commited reader!


Subscribe, comment, share.
Together, we rise. One breath at a time.
Make a difference, light the way, share your story today.

Namasté

Comments

Popular Posts