MS Walk 2018

Hello wonderful readers,

Happy Monday!

Yesterday was a great day. Scratch that, yesterday was an amazing day.
Walk MS Sheboygan 2018 came and went with a bang and has left me reflecting how blessed I truly am.


My health journey with Multiple Sclerosis has been a little more than a year and a half now. When I put a number on the amount of time I have lived with MS, it might not sound like long, especially for those who have lived with MS for decades. I hold the upmost respect for these MS warriors, their families, their friends, their caretakers, and anyone involved in their lives.

During the past year and a half I have been taught so many life lessons. One truth I hold in my heart from this experience is that you are never alone.

If you are currently going through your own health journey with Multiple Sclerosis, a different autoimmune disease or health obstacle, or maybe you are struggling mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually, it is common to feel alone. It is normal to feel as though you are on your own, or you are the only one can hold the weight that you feel on your shoulders, or weighing on your heart. It is permissible to close your eyes and feel the tears as they swell and fall down your cheeks because you are uncertain of your future. It is not abnormal to feel so alone or that you don't even have yourself to lean on. These feelings can and might still be on your mind, but please know, you are never alone. There are people loving you, supporting you, and cheering you on even if you do not see them, hear them, or feel them.

There are people who love you and need you so please do not be afraid to ask for help. If you are struggling or know someone who is struggling, offer them some support, provide them some love, sit with them in silence if you need to, tell them you love them and sympathize with their situation.
Be there for one another because we all feel this sensation of being alone.
We all struggle with something.
We all need constant reminders that we are loved, supported, and not alone.
We need each other more now than ever.

This years Walk MS Sheboygan was completely different than last year.

Last year at Walk MS, I was still healing after my second spinal tap. Last year I still felt nauseous every moment sitting, standing, or being upright in any fashion. Last year we had stormy, wet, cold weather that kept us layered up and braving the dreary April day. Last year we decided to take the short roue.

This year I am still healing and dealing with symptoms in relation to MS, but I was able to walk to long route. This year we had sunny, warm, breezy weather. Our team grew in numbers, in support, and in love. This year we were able to show off our beautiful "Made Strong" Team Tanck shirts to show the world that we walk for those who cannot.
We walk for research to help find a cure for this incurable disease.
We walk for grace.
We walk strength.
We walk for love.
We walk for the ever expanding community here and everywhere.

During this years walk it struck me how large my support system is and how it continues to grow every moment of every day. I have people who were able to walk me with yesterday in Sheboygan, but my support system does not end there. I have people all over who I am able to call on and know I will be supported by them.
I am not alone in my journey for all of those who surround me are impacted by my diagnosis. Everyone who I have come across is with me in some way shape of form. And I am still building this web of connection as I travel through life with MS.
Every strand woven is creating a connection and you are included in this security net. You have this same webbing and we are all connected.
We are all blessed with this endless love.

Please know this and feel this deep in your heart and soul. Breathe this truth in today and every time you feel a sense of isolation.

I sympathize with you.
I support you.

I see you.
I love you.


Enjoy your week and soak in all of these connections and blessings.

Subscribe, comment, and share.
Together, we rise. One breath at a time.
Make a difference, light the way, share your story today.

Namasté

Comments

Popular Posts