Father's Day 2018

Hello wonderful readers, 

Happy Monday!
Also, happy belated Father's Day to all of you amazing dads out there.

I wanted to take some time to honor the men and father's in our life for this week's blog post.

Yesterday, we cherished, celebrated, honored, remembered, reminisced, and uplifted the men in our lives in which we call Father.

Fathers come into our lives in all forms. Whether is be the blood father we were given, or a step father / father-in-law who we inherited through a marriage, or a father figure such as a coach or mentor, or life long superior that we look up to.
We are blessed with many men in our lives that provide for us and love us.

Father's day is not just one day in the middle of June for us to be reminded to share some appreciation for the men in our lives. This should be an every day praise and appreciation for these wonderful human beings.

Yesterday, Trevor and I were visiting my parents in the Madison, Wisconsin area. Since Trevor and I are fortunate to call many men in our lives "father", we try to visit as many of them as possible and alternate between who we see each year. This year we decided to come visit my family and share our love for our other fathers from afar.

Something new I did this Father's Day while Trevor was honoring one father was visit my grandfather's grave stone.

This was a very touching experience as I have not visited my grandfather's burial site in many years. As my mom and I drove through the cemetery memories of my grandfather began to flood my mind.

Remembering his smile, feeling the love for his family flood my heart one more time, and reminiscing his admiration for ice cream which I so luckily genetically received.
These all too real memories and emotions filled my being and reminded me that even though a father has passed on from his physical body, it does not mean he is gone from our souls. They live within our hearts and are carried with us with each passing day.

We are fortunate enough to collect these cherished moments that reside in our psyche which we should be tapping into all throughout our days.

We are all guilty of being busy and tired, but if we pause for a moment, close our eyes, take a deep breath, and recall all of the men and woman who blessed us with what we are fortunate to have today, we will all feel their presence, the warmth of their smile, and the love emanating from their hearts and soul with us right here in real time.

I hope you all take a moment, or several moments, this week to pause and shed light on the men who are still physically walking this Earth and maybe the men who have passed on some much deserved love and light.


Have a beautiful week.
Subscribe, comment and share.
Together, we rise. One breath at a time.
Namaste

P.S. I cannot wait to share publicly what we have coming up in the works for the blog! Stay tuned!!

Comments

Popular Posts