Slow Down

Hello wonderful readers,

Happy first Monday in July!!!
This is a holiday week and I absolutely adore the 4th of July. A beautiful holiday where we celebrate our freedom, remember all of the amazing men and women who fought and still are fighting to keep us home and safe. It’s a holiday Trevor and I spend soaking up the sun and surrounded by family and friends. It’s a wonderful time to be alive.

This week I wanted to talk about something all of us would benefit from: slowing down.

As I mentioned last week, I wasn’t feeling the greatest and my back was in an imense amount of pain. My symptoms and discomfort carried into last week, and it caused me to take several steps back and slow down. I wasn’t able to exercise in the way I like to and I was caused to rest to do simple tasks with a great amount of effort.

It is so easy to get frustrated and straight up angry when things do not go according to our plan and schedule. We complain and cause our days to be filled with unnecessary stress.
Instead of doing this all of the time, I like to step back, slow down, and honestly ask myself:
“What am I to learn from this situation?”

There might not be anything in your power or anyone else’s power to change your circumstance, but you are going to be taught something by going through it.
This is something I have discussed before because we are creatures who like answers instantly. I mean let’s be honest people, we can Google or research anything we have a question about and within milliseconds we have thousands of answers right at our finger tips. We don’t like to sit, wait, and watch it unfold, but sometimes that is what it takes. Sometimes we need to slow down and breathe through what we are going through.
The lesson might appear quickly to you if you simply ask yourself this question, or it might appear to be one answer and shift as time goes on. Sometimes, when the lesson is large, it might take several months, years, or maybe even your life time to get the answer.

I am giving you permission right now to slow down, take a breath, and be in the present moment.

I also wanted to let you in on a little secret, you don’t have to know all of the answers all of the time. This is something I am stilll learning to accept, but it is truly okay to not know. We were not placed here on this beautiful planet to know all of the answers to everything and be “on” all of the time. We can take some time for ourselves, slow down, recharge, and then get back to life when we are ready.

The world will keep spinning even when you decided to step back and breathe. When you are ready to jump back in, the world will still be spinning and you will be more grounded and more productive than before.

Take some time this holiday week to step back, slow down, and just witness all of the things you have to be grateful and thankful for.

Have a blessed week everyone, and a very happy 4th of July.

Subscribe, comment and share.
Together, we rise. One breath at a time.
Namasté

P.S. Be on the look out for exciting news coming soon on the blog!

Comments

Popular Posts